the 32nd episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: the Abridged Series
The relevant part begins at 1:15, but most people not familiar with YGOTAS (or YGO period) will probably enjoy the opening minute best.
Some of the best lines in this one include ... almost every single line of dialogue in it. Definitely one of Little Kuriboh's best in months, maybe even in one whole year!
- "Master Marik! We should be arriving in Domino City in approximately four episodes!" (the mainland can be seen close at hand)
- "I never should have let you read Twilight!"
- "We meet once again for the first time, Pharaoh!"
- "Marik, you coward! Why do you keep using innocent bystanders as pawns in your deadly game!?"
"Innocent? Are you kidding me? He's got piercings all over his body! You've got be pretty f*cked up to agree to something like that!"
"He's still a human being!"
"He's also a mime."
"Oh, in that case, yeah! I'll kick his ass! :)" - "Wonder twin powers, activate! Form of -- an Egyptian homosexual!"
- "Now, Marik! I shall take control of Yugi's body to defeat you in a children's card game!"
"Oh, right, because when I take control of somebody to make them play a card game, that's pure evil! But when you do it, it's like you're Mother friggin' Theresa!" - "Interesting! My gaydar has led me to this museum! I hope it's not another false alarm! The last time this happened, it was at a Kevin Spacey autograph signing: and everybody knows he's as straight as a die!"
- "What's this? I sense an evil presence approaching! Well, I wouldn't want to get involved with the plot, so I think I'll just go hide."
- "Hmm? Hah, this is no ordinary giant rock: it's also a giant plot device! And very soon I shall use it to destroy the Pharaoh and everything he holds dear -- give or take a few hundred episodes." (LOL!)
- "Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage!"
- "Joey, what's the matter with you? You haven't played a card game in one whole episode! YOU GOTTA GET BACK IN THE GAME, MAN!"
"No! From now on, I only duel minor characters from Season One. That's how I roll."
"But Joey--!"
"That-is-how-I-roll, Tristan!" - "What the hell's going on here? I specifically requested that Joey Wheeler be banned from my tournament. Somebody must have f*cked up big time."
- "Hey, Kaiba! You're a minor character from Season One! How about a duel?"
"There wasn't a single thing you just said that didn't make me want to kill you." - "Mr. Kaiba! Our scanners have detected that an Egyptian god card has been summoned somewhere in the city! If you climb onboard, we'll take you to the signal's location!"
"And now I have a boner." - "A true duelist doesn't rely on his cards alone. If you want to win this match, you're gonna have to take a page out of my book and SCREW THE RULES!"
- "Yugi: you took advantage of a glaring flaw in the Duel Monsters rulebook. Truly you are an honorable duelist!"
- "You see, Mokuba? This is why I don't let you have friends."
But the best part of the whole damn episode has got to be Little Kuriboh's poking fun at Marik's obsession with motorcycles and the animation team's awkward attempts to make their evil bishie look macho on one. "Nope, not even Boston can make Marik look good on a motorcycle." I dunno, Little Kuriboh: I'd say he looks pretty good with Boston backing him up! XD (Edit: Youtube's new time feature seems to be fritzing out on me right now. Drag the timer to 7 minutes 47 seconds if it doesn't do it for you.)
I wish that Little Kuriboh's latest episodes were all this good, but sadly, he's been on a real bummer of a failure-streak lately. :( I'd all but given up on YGO:TAS with the episode just before this one. I watched this one thinking it'd be my last, and it reeled me back in. lol Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment