Monday, April 13, 2009

"Would you like to see my wood chipper out back? *CHA-CHINK!*"

I couldn't help but smile at the pseudo-Freudian slip this guy made on Craigslist:
I'm looking to do some trading for a Nintendo Wii in good condition. I have several PS3 games and PS3 accessories. Rock Band 2 full band kit for the Xbox 360. I have many nice shotguns and rifles. A push lawn mower, a couple snow throwers, a wood chipper, a very large plastic Rubbermaid shed. If you have a Wii you are wanting to trade let me know what you are interested in and I may have it. Thanks.
"I have many nice shotguns and rifles" ... "a push lawn mower, a couple snow throwers, a wood chipper, a very large plastic Rubbermaid shed."

Maybe I'm the bad person for thinking this, but this sounds like the sort of murder equipment checklist you'd expect to see on CSI. I'm not seriously implying that this guy is homocidal! lol I'm just saying that his choice of words/his choice of what to offer is funny. It's funny because he's perfectly listed what he would need to kill you (shotgun) and dispose of the evidence (lawnmower blade, wood chipper, human-sized Rubbermaid container, and a snow thrower to pile snow on top of the shed) in such close proximity, and Craigslist by its nature requires you to meet with the guy in person (typically) to execute the deal.

The only thing that could possibly make this better would be if he hadn't said "snow thrower" and had instead said "cement mixer" or some such.

No comments: