I've written three controversial blog updates in the last 48 hours and opted to delete all three because:
(1) I don't want them published to the World Wide Web, and
(2) they are best discussed step-by-step with friends in an interactive chat where discussion can be paused for clarification or questions and allowed to grow this way or that depending on the speakers rather than being written as essays in which I attempt to persuade an audience who I assume is not with me but open to persuasion an in which I attempt to do so all in one go, never pausing to catch my own breath nor allowing my readers to catch theirs.
This frustrates me because:
(1) I want to discuss these things,
(2) these topics are important,
(3) these topics are philosophical and legal, largely accessible to all laypeople equally, and selfishly but most importantly
(4) I've lost a lot of time to this.
Looking back to the blog update from a week ago, I'm thinking it's time for more time away. But the sad thing is, I lost time online trying to do the very opposite of what I held Twitter to be (i.e. I wrote long essays on important topics, not one sentence status updates) and yet I'm the one who in the end has wasted more time in of his own life writing what amounts to tomes of air while the men and women whom he has accused of wasting their own lives on Twitter have likely had much more productive weekends and have something to show for it. Oh, the irony! That he who railed against wasting time online did it most of all! And that Twitter will ultimately be the very vehicle by which his friends will tweet about their accomplishments away from the computer!
A post, a post: my kingdom for a post!
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment