Thanks, guys! I am glad that at least one friend said he liked each thing. I would have been disappointed if nobody liked either, or if only one or the other was liked.
Regarding the wallpaper, I know it's an acquired taste, but I love Keroro Gunsou, and the moment I saw that vector of Keroro I realized I *had* to place it against a real-life space backdrop. The blue marble photo was perfect for this since Keroro's coy look and corner position gives you the feeling that he's thinking, "He~llo, Pekoponjin! I, Sgt. Keroro, am here to conquer Pekopon!"
Regarding the banner, I felt it was time for a banner change. I love the picture of the Alborz Mountains I had up, but it'd been up for well over a year, and I figured it might be time for a color change. I decided that magenta on black had a similar psychologically-pleasing aesthetic to cyan on black, so when I saw this picture taken by the Hubble Space Telescope, I realized it could make a good banner. I put it up originally without any text but I didn't like the look, so I tried typing in Mujou. But it looked way too artificial simply typed in. I wanted to make it fade (ghost-like) but couldn't find out how to do it in GIMP, so I settled for the Smudge tool instead and got something that was actually kinda better, since it makes the Chinese characters look vapor-like and gaseous, just like the nebular gas around them. Almost as if they're a mirage! ;D As if the universe has this hidden universal truth and glancing deep into the vastness of space, Magic Eyes-like, your eyes happen to bring into focus this hazy word ... and you achieve a new level of spiritual enlightenment. Or some such. ;D
3 comments:
ha very nice I like it
I don't care one way or another about the keroro desktop, but your new banner rocks my socks off.
Thanks, guys! I am glad that at least one friend said he liked each thing. I would have been disappointed if nobody liked either, or if only one or the other was liked.
Regarding the wallpaper, I know it's an acquired taste, but I love Keroro Gunsou, and the moment I saw that vector of Keroro I realized I *had* to place it against a real-life space backdrop. The blue marble photo was perfect for this since Keroro's coy look and corner position gives you the feeling that he's thinking, "He~llo, Pekoponjin! I, Sgt. Keroro, am here to conquer Pekopon!"
Regarding the banner, I felt it was time for a banner change. I love the picture of the Alborz Mountains I had up, but it'd been up for well over a year, and I figured it might be time for a color change. I decided that magenta on black had a similar psychologically-pleasing aesthetic to cyan on black, so when I saw this picture taken by the Hubble Space Telescope, I realized it could make a good banner. I put it up originally without any text but I didn't like the look, so I tried typing in Mujou. But it looked way too artificial simply typed in. I wanted to make it fade (ghost-like) but couldn't find out how to do it in GIMP, so I settled for the Smudge tool instead and got something that was actually kinda better, since it makes the Chinese characters look vapor-like and gaseous, just like the nebular gas around them. Almost as if they're a mirage! ;D As if the universe has this hidden universal truth and glancing deep into the vastness of space, Magic Eyes-like, your eyes happen to bring into focus this hazy word ... and you achieve a new level of spiritual enlightenment. Or some such. ;D
Post a Comment