Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Samsung, I thank you


I knew I was meant to have one of these ever since I first discovered them in my junior or senior year at Purdue. Click here to see more pictures.



As for my #1 reason for wanting one of these monitors, you'll just have to figure that one out on your own.


Update: there's a new image in the full post: alternatively, you can click here. It is suitable for viewing at work, with family, or in front of small children.

6 comments:

Lunar said...

I wish I could afford that kind of crap...

Unknown said...

I just ordered a new Dell with a 24 inch monitor. Not sure if it supports swivel though.

Jay said...

niiiiicee. Can you at least put it sideways and use it in wide-screen mode?

SuiginChou said...

Yes. I showed several such photos on Facebook, so be sure to check those out.

Nice on the 24", Sean. Sounds like the ultimate in ideally large computer monitors. Any bigger and you'd start to have it being too big, but any smaller and you regret that it's not a wee bit bigger. I hope it arrives in good shape like mine did. (I was worried about ordering a monitor on the internet, what with what I've been told about how you should always buy them in person.)

Mack Ramer said...

What size is it?

SuiginChou said...

It's only 19", but I am extremely pleased with it. While shorter than my old 19" 4:3 monitor and barely-noticeably wider, the ability to swivel the screen into portrait position would have easily been worth a $60 or $70 upgrade to my old monitor. Considering I needed to buy a second monitor anyway (and was buying this with the original purpose of it being #2, not #1!), I am quite pleased with the purchase.

The only problem I've encountered so far is that I have to change the orientation manually (i.e. click on screen as well as twist it). There is a program which allows me to just twist it and have the screen auto-adjust, but it
(a) erased my Firefox @_@ (all my bookmarks, lost), and
(b) then told me *after* installation that it didn't work on my machine for some reason.
Thankfully uninstalling it fixed Firefox (phew!), but it is a tiny little shame that I can't just twist the monitor and have it do the rest.