Pick the one which you find most impressive.
A: $1.53 per gallon of unleaded gasoline. To wrap one's head around this, I was able to fill up an entire 10-gallon car tank for less than $20. I haven't been able to do this since 2003. (I did not drive at Caltech [2003-2004] or my first three years at Purdue [2004-2007], so for me, it really has been five years since I've had this experience.)
B: $0.00 for a 30-day supply of a prescription drug, refillable ad infinitum at the same price. Said prescription drug is a serious drug but (admittedly) was purchased in generic form and was covered by my health insurance provider.
I suspect that I will be seeing neither of these awesome prices again for a very long time. I very much so hope to be proven wrong.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oil prices (and thus gas prices) should stay low for as long as the economy is in a slump -- the low price is caused by a deflation of demand. So think of the low gas prices as a compensation for bad economic times.
Post a Comment