Thursday, July 24, 2008

Return to the Exercise Grind

Day 1:
Total time: 31 minutes 15 seconds
Total distance: 2.12 miles
Total calories burned (according to machine): 210 kilocalories
Achieved 2.00 miles in: 28 minutes 00 seconds
Rundown: Walked at a speed setting of 2.0, then 3.0, and so on for the first 4 minutes. Broke into a trot at a speed of 6.0 at 4 minutes 00 seconds. Alternated 2 minutes of running with 2 minutes of relaxation; 2.5 with 2.5; and one time 3 with 4. Was winding down at around 28 minutes.

2 comments:

Mack Ramer said...

Are you considering the couch-to-5k?

I've found the first week to be fairly easy.

SuiginChou said...

That was the idea. Though I'm on an odd schedule (Thur-Sun-Tues?) and might eventually want to rebalance it to something more like Tues-Thur-Sat. I'll avoid Mon-Wed-Fri just because I think a lot of people do that; in fact, I know it's only summer, but the CoRec was much more empty today than the last time I saw it (June on a Monday).