Sunday, July 13, 2008

An Eye For An Eye

This article is sure to prove controversial. I'm disabling comments because I only wanted to share this incendiary news. Communication is the single greatest enemy of ignorance, yes; but the opposite views held regarding this subject matter have little to do with ignorance and more to do with moral convictions. I'd like to think that this point is obvious, but it's not always, so to spell it out there are many doctors who are pro-abortion, pro-harvesting of stem cells and fetal tissues, etc. and many others who are opposed. No one would argue that the doctors on one side of the fence are simply too ignorant to know better and would change their minds if they "knew more" or "knew the truth."

This begs the question: why share it at all? If not to cause trouble, then why? I decided to share it because 1) the medical science involved is interesting and offers hope for what I feel is one of the worst things that can happen to a person (i.e. blindness), 2) harvesting fetal retinal tissue is an order of magnitude greater/worser than harvesting embryonic stem cells for many fence-sitting Americans, and 3) this research took place close to home, right down in Louisville, Kentucky.

No comments: