Sorry to be such a downer with all these entries lately! lol But today's lab was a complete bust. Here's how it went down:
- 11:58pm last night, I ate my last carrot. I had been munching on carrots for the previous 10 minutes to try and put something in my stomach before the clock struck 12.
- fasted all day; was pretty hungry by 11am
- got to lab around 1pm
- my vein from last time was still an enormous yellow splotch (maybe I should take a photo?)
- so we stuck another vein on my left arm ... and it hurt like hell (more than usual; I think my lab partner was nervous and fucking snagged muscle! he definitely went right through the vein)
- we tried again on a vein on my right arm. Failure. Pain. And I bit my thumb so hard it left purple dentition marks in the skin for 10 minutes.
- the professor tried for my third attempt and couldn't even do the needle properly -.-
So I got excused from the lab. I still have to write up a report, and I still had to create a standard curve with known glucose solutions (e.g. 10M, 1M, 0.1M, etc.), but I will be using somebody else's blood for the actual report. Oh well. Guess we get to delay my diagnosis of diabetes for another time.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your lab partner sounds pretty incompetent. Just saying.
I dunno. When I stuck him, I had no problems except that I felt like (based on what I was seeing) I was painfully tugging his skin whilst making sure the needle stayed in his vein and I swapped blood collection tubes; but he said it didn't hurt at all. Whether that's because I rock, his body is less sensitive than mine, or both, I do not know.
You're so blasé, blaise!
Post a Comment