I first discovered this song while I was a student at Caltech. Now, almost four years later, I rediscovered it tonight while doing some digging around on this video game audio remix website. It's called Gift from Moscow and it is a remix of some of the music from the 1989 GameBoy version of Tetris. The person who remixed it has a knack for (a) composition and (b) making it sound authentically Slavic. Good job, guy. I felt I just had to share it with you guys, so if you click on the link below, you'll see an option to click on a tab labeled "Download", and from there you'll then have your pick from four mirrors; click on any of them (I suggest DreamHost, it seems to be quite fast) and there you go!
http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00826/
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hell yes. I love the harpsichord. This is awesome.
Edit: Oh hell yes. The folk dance part is awesome! It reminds me of Taro Hakase's song "Romanian Folk Dances", only slower. If you like this song you'd like Romanian Folk Dances. It's part of the "Endless Violin" album.
Here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ge15cl
Glad you enjoyed "Gift from Moscow," Suigin! Thanks for the mention here.
Certainly hope you’re also checking out OC ReMix every so often to keep up on the latest ReMixes. There’s a lot more great material to find, and we’re glad to bring it to you!
Larry “Liontamer” Oji
Head Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix
Creator, VG Frequency
http://www.ocremix.org
http://www.vgfrequency.com
Post a Comment