It was easier when there weren't any available. :(
These days, Wal-Mart dependably has two Wiis in stock every time I go there; and while Target had zero today, I swung by Best Buy and they had at least eight, all piled on top of each other in some sort of pyramid. Suffice to say, Wiis are not in short supply in Lafayette anymore, and the fool who thinks they are should come here, pick up a handful, and sell 'em on eBay for big bucks. Because apparently, the rest of the country is still so Wii-starved that Amazon.com is able to get away with the highway robbery that is "selling you a Like-New used Wii for $350."
Today was the second day in a row this week that I agonized over buying a Wii but decided (as I always have so far) not to get one in the end. My main problem is as follows:
1 - I don't have a TV.
2 - Getting a TV now could be seen as a good investment, not just for the Wii but for the next 10 years.
3 - However, my parents have considered giving me their 27" SDTV for free (duh) while getting themselves a 30"+ Sony HDTV for under $2000. Which, surprisingly enough, one could accomplish in today's market. (Dunno about Christmastime, but we'll see.)
4 - HOWEVER, they won't give me that 27" inch'er until Christmas. :|
5 - Which means I should hold off on the Wii until Christmas.
6 - Which is supported by the fact that the Wii may see a price drop after Thanksgiving, or even after Halo 3's release later this month.
7 - Although isn't it S-U-I-C-I-D-A-L for a guy who wants a Wii for the Christmas 2007 holidays to wait until the weekend of Thanksgiving before buying one? ^_^;
I'm torn between such things as ...
+ hold back on the Wii for now because of firmware updates, and the fact that you don't have WiFi by which to download them at Purdue
- don't hold back on the Wii b/c they'll all be gone once the mega-blockbusters come out in time for Christmas (SSB Brawl will be an INSANE motivator for people who do not yet have a Wii to get one, and they will do so *right at* the November/December interval and won't let up until Christmas has come and gone.)
+ hold back on the Wii for now because it'll be a distraction
- how could it be a distraction if you don't have a TV yet? Get the Wii.
+ All the more reason to wait. :p Why get the Wii now if you're not even going to be playing it?
On and on and on it goes inside my head. *sigh* I just don't know what to do. For now, I'm still holding off buying one. But man ... the release of Halo 3 couldn't be any farther away than it feels right now. I'm *soooooo* relying on the release of that game to herald in a Wii price drop before November 1. If it doesn't, I'm sunk. :\
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Camp out at a big electronics the night after THanksgivings. Midnight is a good time to get there. Anyway, 'Black Friday' is an excellent time to nab a nice huge TV for cheaper then $1K.
Post a Comment