I promised a drawing post to several people on the phone today. It's 2/3 of the way written. But it's not done yet. In the meantime, I'm going to cut out from it the Stéphanie Valentin portion and turn that into its own blog post so that anyone who checks in tonight (Jay, Keith, Blaise -- all were promised! ^^; ) can at least see something. The drawing post probably won't go up though until later tonight, possibly tomorrow.
UPDATE: I posted an incomplete version above! I'll post a second update much later (1-2 weeks), so enjoy that for now, and feel free to comment.
Click the title to learn more about Stéphanie!
Stéphanie Valentin is an amazing person. She is a beautiful lady, but that is a gift she was merely lucky to receive, and not a talent wrought from hard work and determination. Her personal talents include the ability to play the violin masterfully, the ability to write her own beautiful-sounding music, the ability to paint, and the ability to draw. And when I say "draw," I mean draw!
Here, Stephanie draws an eye. She did this in PhotoShop in just 1 hour, but because an hour is too long for us to want to watch, Stéphanie was nice enough to time-lapse her video down to just 4 minutes.
And in this second video, Stephanie gives Penelope Cruz some hair. Presumably Miss Cruz's other facial features were previously drawn by Stéphanie as well. :)
Since Stephanie is so amazing, maybe my long-term goal is a bit lofty. (See drawing post! When it gets posted, that is! ^^; ) But I recently heard some inspiring wisdom from different sources about setting big goals. Their advice runs counter to everything I've ever heard growing up, but since it comes from some pretty admirable people I'm going to run with it.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment