Saturday, June 6, 2009

Fatal Frame 4.1?

CamerasLens.com, or more properly "Beyond the Camera's Lens," one of the best English fansites for the Fatal Frame franchise, recently wrote that a recent statement from Tecmo may indicate, specifically, that while Fatal Frame 4.0 is never coming to the US or Europe, it is entirely possible that Fatal Frame 4.1, a re-tooled game which addresses the major complaint Japanese fans had with the game (the control system!), will launch in Japan, the USA, and Europe later this year.

At this point, it sounds like VERY wishful thinking to me, but a guy can hope. Click the title to read Tecmo's statement verbatim and to check out a trailer for a fan-translation of the game that is currently in the works.
However, we have once more realised that there are many fans anticipating our "Project Zero" franchise and are very proud and pleased to find out this fact. What we at Tecmo can do from this point forward is keep this project for the future and devote ourselves to launching the next version that will live up to those expectations. We will definitely officially announce this when the time is right. - Tecmo, June 2009

Click here to download the game's trailer with fan-made English subtitles.

The fan translation will (a) require you to own a Japanese copy of the game and (b), I presume, will require you to mod your Wii in at least some capacity. That leaves it outside my reach, but it will be a welcome option for many desperate fans. I'll wait for the (hopefully!) eventual re-release of the game with fixed controls.

2 comments:

Jay said...

In the meantime, there's...

This

and

This

SuiginChou said...

It's just not the same. I'm not a big horror person (truthfully, I hate it) but I specifically love ghost stories, 'cause there's a romantic, supernatural element to it that I think is cool and whatnot. Vampires, meh. Werewolves, meh. Mummies, meh. Zombies, meh. They're all pretty dumb to me. But ghosts? I dig ghosts.

Ju-on (the Grudge) would have ghosts maybe (I dunno, never read it / saw it), but the part near the mid-end where you hear this long noise reminded me of somebody belching after having a big swig of coke. Made me laugh more than it made me scared! lol