Monday, April 6, 2009

Hobby Lobby and Picture Frames

Short update: I went to Hobby Lobby tonight to frame a 14" x 18" rasterized version of this picture:
real-life version of scenery from Shenmue II (click here for actual game scene)

The unfortunate thing is, the picture frame alone cost $16, but it came without glass, hangers, or backing. The glass cost $8, the backing $4.50, and the hangers $1.50. For a grand total of $30.

The good news is, the picture frame is very nice and I rather like the size of 14"x18", actually. Bigger than 11"x14" (which feels too small) but smaller than 16"x20" (which feels too big), I think 14"x18" is just right. If I want a really big picture, then I'm going to go for 24"x36" or some such. And if I want a smaller one, I'm going to go for the classic 8"x10".

No comments: