I still haven't gotten the hardware I ordered to enable me to modify my Pokémon Diamond save file. Technically it may not arrive as late as Wednesday of this week ("allow 5-10 business days," they said, and the order was confirmed as being on its way on April 14, a Tuesday), but still: I'm anxious because it was $70 friggin' dollars, by far the most expensive of the packages I ordered around that time period, and all the other ones have long since arrived -- Shadow of the Colossus, Fatal Frame III, four 6-foot Nintendo GameCube cable extenders, Pokémon Diamond, a MicroSD card, and a Logitech wireless PS2 controller. The hardware mod thing was ordered the same day that Pokémon Diamond's auction went through, and it was the first out of all those other ones, so it's like ... :\ . But then again, maybe I'm just being impatient. (Click the title for a one-paragraph tangent.)
In other news, I can't play any more Pokémon Diamond until said hardware arrives because (a) I want to leave my two in-game guys at Level 50 (which is right where they are) so that I can use them in Nintendo's retarded "obligatorily Level 50 cups" on the game pak (i.e. unlike when you fight friends on WiFi, these cups do not auto-adjust your levels to 50, meaning if your guy is 51, then he has to enter into the Level 100 cup. Dumb. Even dumber, sometimes it DOES auto-adjust and other times it DOESN'T depending on the precise nature of the contest you're trying to enter.), but also (b) if I get the 8th gym badge, then it'll be harder for me to tell if I'm doing stuff correctly (since the 8th gym badge makes all Pokémon at any level obey you whether they're yours or whether you got them in a trade, and the thing is, I want to be able to test that I am correctly using the software by trying to create a lamo-stat Level 100 piece of trash and make one of them my trainer I.D. and the other one not, and to see if the game says I can control one but not the other (good) or if it says I can control both or can control neither (shouldn't be possible for the first one, and possible but bad for the second one).
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If you got it from dealextreme (purveyor of such fine goods) it will take some time. My PSP modkit battery was nothing if not lazy in getting here. All the way from Hong Kong!
Nope, not them. I did the not-so-subtly-named mod-chip.com.
Well, you're not gonna believe this: it came, but the post office switched who drives what van to what neighborhood on Saturday. I know for a fact (having received packages on Thursday and Friday) that my previous guy must have been way cooler, because he always came to the door, knocked, and dropped off the package -- whether or not I was there to answer the door. (Something I like if you live in a domestic apartment in Lafayette -- the entire city doesn't need to abide by West Lafayette's anti-kleptomaniac standards, for Christ's sake!) But the new guy apparently sucks the big one, because I was actually home for most of the morning today (yay!), and no one ever knocked. When I came home, I checked the mail just in case and found a Post Office slip. Guess what? "You can pick up your package tomorrow morning at 7am at the post office, otherwise I will try again." PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! So I drove to the Post Office to get my package now. They couldn't find it. Said to come back at 6:30pm. And so I shall. :\
Post a Comment