Monday, February 16, 2009

Musical Scores for Epic History-Changing Moments

While the composer seems to be greatly inspired by the familiar Pirates of the Caribbean climactic theme song, I think this piece can be said to stand on its own two feet and to do an admirable job at drawing the viewers' attention to the fact that Kiyomori's widow changed the fate of the Heike clan forever with her big fib.

For helpful notes, consult two things:
1. the numeric list I've provided in the Info tab on Youtube
2. the annotations I've included in the video

But since I'm mostly sharing this with you guys (mostly Jay) for the musical merits, I'd encourage you to just listen to it and not fret about reading all the text. You can pause for text and notes and whatnot the next time you watch it.

I'll be taking the video down in about a week.

1 comment:

Jay said...

I like it. Very dramatic, although it was difficult to pay attention to over the actors' dialogue.