Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Catch the Wind? Catchy tune.

Don't know that I'd ever heard this song before some time early this morning when I woke up and stumbled towards the computer to check e-mail before heading out. Saw this video recommended to me by Youtube, gave it a click, and was mesmerized. Mesmerized. Extracted the song, going to go the store in the near future and try to locate the single / locate a CD that has Mr. Donovan's best songs.

It's a shame that I don't think I can ever admire the man outside of his music. Maybe I'm judging him prematurely, only having just discovered who he is today. But my oh my, I think this is one of my most favorite of newly-heard songs in a long, long time.

And yes, if I owned a PS3, I'd purchase this game. More on that in a later blog update, perhaps.

2 comments:

Lunar said...

Man, you got me all worked up only to be let down utterly. Not at all like what I expected, too much like late 60's / early 70's hippie music for me.

SuiginChou said...

Sorry, man. I love this sort of stuff. Similar songs in my library (from most similar to least similar):

The Kingston Trio - Where Have All The Flowers Gone?
Nakajima Miyuki - Jidai
John Denver - Leaving On a Jet Plane
Peter, Paul, and Mary - Blowin' in the Wind
Scott McKenzie - San Francisco
John Lennon - Imagine
The Byrds - Turn Turn Turn

I'd say the first two do a good job of capturing the idea: "soft folk guitar" meets "soft, sweet, melancholic lyrics" meets "a hint of rock-'n'-roll influences."