One of the best people I've ever known in my entire life, my good friend Sean (the one who lived in Japan for a year, not to be confused with my other friend Sean who is a biomedical engineering guru, nor my other friend Sean who is making films out in California right now) ... *ahem*, yeah, my good friend Sean will be graduating from Purdue in just 3 more days. And after that, he's on a one-way ticket to Minnesota where his parents currently reside. (They move approximately once every year. No joke. Sean once moved after only one month!)
So I wanted to see Sean at least one last time before he left for Minnesota since who knows when I'll see him again next and besides -- if everything goes according to plan, he'll get accepted by JET and be back in Japan this August and even if they reject him he's so friggin' eligible for that and superior Japanese jobs that he's already prepared to apply for real Japanese work (apps and all). He just wants to do the JET experience, is all. :) lol Anyway ;p ...
Went out for dinner at 6, headed back to his place around 7:20, and hung out until 12midnight. We:
- played Pokemon Battle Revolution on his Wii. I was surprised by how enjoyable it was. I also surprised both of us when my Staraptor (properly effort-trained with Adamant nature, max effort into Att and Spd stats, and high IVs in Att and Spd) managed to OHKO every single Pokemon that Sean sent out, even a full-health Rayquaza, just by using one Brave Bird. Admittedly, Staraptor was holding Choice Band :p (I forgot!), but it was pretty damn impressive.
- played Super Smash Bros. Brawl, wherein Sean returned the favor and raped both me and the Level 9 CPUs with a host of different characters.
- talked while he subconsciously played Sonic the Hedgehog 1 on his Nintendo Wii, with me clapping and cheering him on when he successfully obtained Chaos Emeralds. (He got the final three while I was there.)
It was pretty fun, and at the end of the night, Sean said something which really blew me away:
"I'm glad to know you, Ryan."
The feeling was very mutual, and I will miss him very much. One more down, two left to go before all of my friends at Purdue are gone, gone, gone.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, what can I say? You are a great guy, I'm sure a lot of people are glad to know you.
Post a Comment