Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Aural-Visual Disconnect

Let this load in the background. Don't watch it!! Whatever you do, DON'T WATCH IT! Just let it load and then listen to the song as though it were a song on the radio.

While you're listening, try to decide how old you think the singers are. This is not a trick question! Give it an honest answer! 58? 29? 11? You tell me. If you can't pick a specific age just for fun, then pick between these five categories: elderly (60+), older adult (60-35), young adult (20-35), teen (14-20), and child (<14).

Now, once the song finishes, once you're done deciding, or once your ears have started bleeding ;p (whichever happens first), go ahead and take a look at the music video. And now tell me how old you think the girls are.

I don't know the answer. And I will provide my own guesses as the first reply.

1 comment:

SuiginChou said...

Aural clues: I would have thought that these girls were in their young 20s. At the youngest, I would have pegged them for 16-year olds, but they sounded like Japanese Spice Girls to me. I totally would have thought "young adults."

Visual clues: JESUS CHRIST @_@ , they're little girls! (like, look at 0:04!) I mean, sure, maybe they're not LITTLE little girls, but still! They've gotta be like, what? 13 at the OLDEST? I'm guessing they're ages 11-13.

Ultimate conclusion: okay, I think that one girl is probably the youngest, and yeah, she is uncomfortably young, but the others are probably baby-faced teens. This is probably a teen idol group. Maybe. Possibly. Hopefully (so it's not any worse than it already is :\).

Verdict: child exploitation? YES. Uncomfortable watching the music video? Yes. Okay with listening to the song all by itself? Yeah, it's a cute catchy song. ^_^ Even if it makes your ears bleed. ;p :)