Monday, October 20, 2008

Why Take Them Down At All?

One of my neighbors two buildings down from me has already strung up some red and white Christmas lights on his/her balcony. You might say they're Indiana University colors. You might say they're meant to be romantic. Honestly, I won't refute those possibilities. I'll just say that my gut instinct driving home was, "Oh ... my ... god, ... someone's already put up their Christmas lights! O_o And it's not even Hallowe'en yet! X_x"

[save myself 30 minutes and auto-insert your own rant on the meaning of Christmas, how human beings value that which is good and rare over that which is good and common, how people who put their Christmas lights up early are ruining the magic of secular Christmas, on the contrary how people who put their Christmas lights up year-round are the truly smart ones because they've figured out that if Christmastime is a happy time then let's make every day Christmas Day in order to always be happy, in response to that how this will never work, I've already wasted 5 of those 30 minutes goddammit]

No comments: