There are a lot of easy questions that everyone thinks to ask themselves before considering marrying somebody. You see some of these questions on Roommate Questionnaire forms at college:
DO YOU SMOKE? Y/N DO YOU DRINK? Y/N DO YOU STAY UP LATE? Y/N
DO YOU WAKE UP EARLY? Y/N ARE YOU QUIET? Y/N DO YOU PARTY? Y/N
You get the idea. But the other day in school, I was reminded of one of my personal favorite questions. And it doesn't belong with the questions above. Oh no! It goes into the category of "Questions That Really Matter But No One Ever Thinks Of Until It's Too Late." And what was it, pray tell?
"Your ideal thermostat temperature is __." (fill in the blank)
I imagine that if two people were in love but one of them was so heat-intolerant he got groggy and nauseous at room temps of 73°F and someone who was so cold-intolerant she insisted on turning off the AC when the room temperature was only 71°, as I experienced the other day with a beautiful girl at school, they would find it very difficult to be happy cohabitants. Seriously, this girl and I? (scenario is with a hot basement and a room's AC)
1. Ryan is so warm and the room is so humid that sweat is beading up on his skin; he feels like he's going to puke or nod off, whichever happens first. Earlier, he took off his dress shirt, dress shoes, and dress socks, but it didn't help any. Meanwhile, "Claire" feels comfortable ... "maybe even a little cool" she reports!
2. Ryan turns on the AC. Claire braces for impact.
3. Ryan is still warm -- read: NOT AT HIS COMFORTABLE ROOM TEMPERATURE! -- and Claire already makes to turn off the AC. Ryan asks her to put on a jacket. He's half-clothed and still warm. Claire agrees, but is not happy.
4. Ryan is comfortable. Claire is FREEZING.
5. Ryan notices he now feels a *little* chilly. (Not a lot! Only a LITTLE.) He realizes Claire is probably cold. YEAH. AC goes off.
I've modified the story a bit (it's actually two stories put into one, but with the same girl both times), but you get the idea. This girl's idea of an ideal temperature is way too hot for me and vice-versa.
It makes me think, if she and I were dating, the issue would not culminate in her saying "Honey, I love you, and so I will put up with the cold temperature -- because my love for you is so strong :)". Rather, I think it would culminate in "Honey, I love you, but... this isn't going to work. I love you so much, but the TEMPERATURE. The GODDAMN TEMPERATURE. @_@ I'm sorry. ;_; *sniff* Good-bye!"
Life's a bitch like that. lol
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My ideal thermostat temperature is around 65-70 degrees F. My potential wife would also have to be a lover of cool temperatures.
Heh, I just thought of one. Any potential girlfriend, especially any potential wife, must, and I mean ABSOLUTELY MUST love rollercoasters at least as much or more than I do. I cannot stress this enough. If she cannot be converted into a hardcore rider, there is no need to continue the relationship. What is the point if she cannot share one of my most cherished activities with me? Imagine how much it would suck to leave her standing in the station while I rode the ride... alone.
Post a Comment