My attempt to go to Stanley Coulter's Mac lab today was thwarted by the unexpected (or rather forgotten) Purdue policy of shutting down all of the computer labs from when summer classes end (roughly around August 4) to the start of the week that comes right before fall classes begin (roughly around August 18).
But truly unexpected is Purdue's bizarro policy of unlocking every single last lab back up come August 18, including every single lab inside Stanley Coulter, except for my preferred Mac lab. There is one other Mac lab in the building and two Solaris labs in the building that will be open, but for whatever reason my lab will be closed up until school starts on August 25. (It's not construction -- renovation for the lab was done all through my senior year and a little bit into last fall. The lab shouldn't be due for renovation for another 10 years.)
I'm glad I brought some of these DVDs with me (I'm writing to you now from the medical student building computer lab) but am bummed out about burning data back-ups: Summer Comiket begins tomorrow and lasts through Sunday, i.e. in roughly 1 week's time the internet is going to be flooded with the very best doujinshi from the very best artists. And while I technically have 540 unused GB remaining, 440 of that is in the form of a still-not-assigned partition. In other words, I've only got 100 GB (20%) empty on my primary data drive, and the closer it gets to 90% and then 100% the more I worry about stressing out the drive, particularly since it hasn't gotten a chance to be defragged (and won't have a chance until I can get this data burned and subsequently reallocated to its proper permanent internal-hard-drive home!) in over half a year.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just finished Persepolis (credits rolling as we speak), having watched Amadeus earlier today. Expect reviews later tonight once I get home or tomorrow morning.
Strange. I just watched both these movies in the past month. Love 'em. On with the reviews!
Post a Comment