Not really, I just wanted a way to try and combine the ideas that I'm going to my cousin's wedding today (so that makes Evansville its very own little "Persepolis" for a day) and that the full review of Persepolis the film will have to wait until Sunday: I hit the road in the next 15 minutes.
For the curious, it turns out that the route from Lafayette to Evansville by means of heading dead south takes roughly the same amount of time according to Google Maps as does the route which goes from Lafayette to the center of the state (Indianapolis) and then back out to the Illinois border (at Terre Haute) and heading south. I plan to put this to the test as, having traveled the latter route ~50 times in my life, I can confirm that Google Maps' time estimate for that route is correct but I can't for the life of me imagine how it could possibly take 4½ hours to go from Lafayette to Evansville in a straight southern beeline, even if a lot of the route is US highway-based and not interstate or interstate-spur based.
Obligatory "if you don't hear back from me by Tuesday morning, :(" as I intend to be back in Lafayette by Sunday afternoon.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Back. Will update soon.
Post a Comment