Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Z Asks U #4

I used to do these on UPN but since I'm no longer going to UPN and I think you guys might enjoy this I'll try it out here and see what response we get. Ready?

Courtesy of Zac Bertschy at Anime News Network:

If you could live in the world of any given anime series or movie, which would it be and why?

To enable everyone to play, I will allow you to nominate a non-anime series or movie but you may still only pick one. If you watch a lot of anime, I'd prefer you answered with anime even if your ideal world is one from a cherished book series or film.

8 comments:

SuiginChou said...

Chobits.

I honestly gave my list a look-thru but it was the first one to pop into my head and it's the most justified for me. Most of my other favorite animes -- Planetes, Hikaru no Go, Minamike, Genshiken -- are all shows which 100% could take place in the real world bar maybe one or two solitary things (like Hikaru's argument that there is such a thing as ghosts). The other half -- Love Hina, Haruhi, X -- are ones which are still based in the real modern world even if they involve some pretty crazy stuff.

Chobits, too, is based in the real world ... but it's the one I'd most want to be in!

"Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. ^.^"

*heart melted*

I wouldn't want to be in a dangerous world like Fullmetal Alchemist's or a world at war like Fushigi Yuugi's, y'know?

Jay said...

I'm thinking Pokemon, because that would be AWESOME. (non-anime = Ghostbusters)

Seriously though, who doesn't want a pikachu of their own? Curmudgeonly old poop faces, that's who.

SuiginChou said...

Can't believe I forgot Pokémon. I considered nearly every other children's anime but I forgot Pokémon. I even watched Pokémon today on Youtube. >_>

That stated ... gyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh (tough call! TOUGH CALL!!!) ... fuck. This is tough.

Chii ... Pokemon. Chii ... Pokemon. Chii ... Pokemon.

Damn it. >_< Rules are rules, though, ... one entry ... *sigh* ...

Gotta go with Chii. But it would only apply if she were directly part of my life (e.g. either I'm in Hideki's position or Ieda's). Wouldn't do any good if she was a friend of a friend (e.g. Shinbo's position). If I wasn't in the Hideki or Ieda position ... Pokemon. That's a good one, Jay. Very astute.

Mack Ramer said...

Big O, because of all the art deco and giant robots.

I think I speak for Ben as well.

Genesis8 said...

I would love to live in the Pokemon world.

Unknown said...

Escaflowne - but only if I could access/live in Gaea.

Jay said...

There's always nurse Joy to impress while you revive your pokemon...

...

Wow, I think this is the nerdiest discussion I've ever participated in. And I'm a huge nerd! :D

SuiginChou said...

How is this the nerdiest ever? You're not as big a nerd as you think, then. :p