All this talk of Wall-E got me to go to Apple's movie trailer website to watch the trailer and get a better sense of what I'm missing out on. I hadn't been there in weeks, maybe months, so I stole a quick peek at The Dark Knight's movie trailer to see if there was anything new. (For me, yes, the 3rd trailer is one I had not yet seen.) The movie looks good. I'll bite my tongue about it looking great but I will say this: I thought the trailer for Batman Begins also looked good and that film is my second favorite superhero movie to date. (First if you don't count V for Vendetta as a superhero movie. I don't blame you, I'm not inclined to either!)
So anyway, the trailer had a few bumps and bruises but nothing too major. That is, until the final 20 seconds. Poor Aaron Eckhart! He will go down in cinematic history as having spoken one of the most, if not the most, pseudo-intellectual lines in a major motion picture:
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."










"So what you're trying to say, Harvey, is that a guy either dies a hero ... or he doesn't die a hero."
"Exactly."
And he delivers the line as if he's sharing this profound wisdom with Bruce. -_-;
2 comments:
He's a lawyer. They're not smart.
V for Vendetta is no more a superhero graphic novel than Watchmen. Wanted is a supervillan graphic novel and they chose to completely disregard that context for the movie. Strange.
Post a Comment