On Saturday, I woke up around 10am (late) and by 12pm I was off to help Ben and Andrew move from their Lafayette apartment two blocks away from where I live to their West Lafayette apartment as removed from campus in one direction as I currently am in the other (i.e. it takes 20 minutes by car to get from my apartment to theirs). I helped them move from 12pm till around 7:45pm. Then I headed home, showered, and returned to their place for dinner at 8:20pm only to discover they had gone and grabbed some more stuff (while they still had the U-Haul) not from their old apartment but from work. Whatever. We ended up getting to Applebee's around 10pm at night and they surprised me by paying for my dinner (alright!) but we were all disappointed by the cold, half-cooked quality of 10pm Applebee's food. (Note: supposed to be open until 1am on a Saturday so Mo excuses!)
On Sunday, I did chores and then drove down to my parents' to give my dad a surprise birthday cake. I was roped in to staying until 7:30pm (which became 8:30pm) and then headed back to Lafayette. Except I spent an hour going 10 miles because of a traffic wreck in combination with late-night road construction. Stop-and-Go driving makes me very motion sick (since it's the only time the driver, like passengers, really doesn't have any idea of when he will be going or stopping and to prevent getting cut off you really have to gas it and then slam on the breaks sometimes.) Unpleasant.
Today I woke up at 1pm. (BAD!) Taking half my pill to compensate / so I'm not awake until 4am or something.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
At least you were hanging out with friends. So not completely lost, I'd say.
Post a Comment