Friday, May 16, 2008

Super Noah's Ark 3D

This is for Jay. I couldn't find a video of this guy reviewing Milon's Secret Castle, but I thought I'd try to give back for your excellent link to the fantasy game we discussed which, indeed, does look like the hardest and most asstastic NES game of all time.

So what you'll find in this link is:
1) a bunch of anti-Christian video game publisher sentiment from a hardcore video gamer (surprise surprise)
2) references to the various video games, PC games, and board games these publishers rip off (interesting if you've never heard of it before; there were a few new ones in this video even for me)

But the crème de la crème is:
3) Super Noah's Ark 3D

When I had my modded XBox, I got this game in a batch list of SNES roms and played it over the summer with my sister watching. And even back then, having never played any of the Wolfenstein series, I recognized that this was a DOOM-like Nukem-like Wolfenstein-like "old school shooter" that had been revamped to fit a Sunday School audience. If the game is hysterical to watch, I can tell you it is 10x more hysterical to actually play. The goats used to crack me up every time, and he didn't even show you the boss battles (e.g. the camel for level 1). If you can find this game somehow, I encourage you to try it out just so you can say you did.

2 comments:

Jay said...

haha i think I liked Bible Buffet best!

Lunar said...

Heh, I've downloaded and played all of those games. Bible Buffet is indeed the best.

As far as the review is concerned, the Noah's Ark part is the funniest.

"Noah man... nobody fucks with him, not even church norris..."