I want to be friends with the people who draw these
I posted this already on UPN, but my hometown friends know just as well how much I loooove Pokémon. So imagine what a joy I took from these images somebody showed me this weekend!
I know... those pictures made me miss playing Cubone (one of my favs) and Chansey (my other fav) even tho they weren't the best or strongest, I always enjoyed having them on my team.
Funny you should say that, since in the 4th generation Blissey remains an über iirc although not quite as broken as she was in 2nd and 3rd gens; and Marowak, if holding Thick Club, can deal some hefty damage, although its staying power is as poor as before.
I dunno, in terms of looks and "how they'd be if Pokemon were real like in the anime" (which is how I've always wanted to play the game but never can allow myself to do for very long because I'm so OCD about raising a competitive team), out of the original 151, my favorites are (partial list): - Nidoking, who looks so effing awesome - Vileplume (pictured above), so beautiful (I've got a properly EV trained one with good moves named Akuka, "Bad Flower", but she's still completely unusable) - Bulbasaur (anime bias) - Pikachu (anime bias) - Primeape (I really like the concept) - Omastar (daaaaaamn scary, you'd piss your pants if that slinked up to you in a dark briny cave and tried to nip you with its beak) - Butterfree (pretty; I had a Level 80 one on Blue ages ago and have always wanted to re-raise one properly effort trained but never end up doing it because Butterfree = big effing waste of time for serious use the way I want to use it, combat, and not the only way it has a remote chance of being used, status change w/ its CompoundEyes ability + Whirlwind) - Pidgeot (big, meaty bird, looks pretty majestic and as though it could fly with at least two humans on its back it's so damn strong)
I was talking about the 1st gen- so no Blissy, and I HATED letting Cubone evolve, even if it made him more usable as I got further and further in the game.
3 comments:
I know... those pictures made me miss playing Cubone (one of my favs) and Chansey (my other fav) even tho they weren't the best or strongest, I always enjoyed having them on my team.
Funny you should say that, since in the 4th generation Blissey remains an über iirc although not quite as broken as she was in 2nd and 3rd gens; and Marowak, if holding Thick Club, can deal some hefty damage, although its staying power is as poor as before.
I dunno, in terms of looks and "how they'd be if Pokemon were real like in the anime" (which is how I've always wanted to play the game but never can allow myself to do for very long because I'm so OCD about raising a competitive team), out of the original 151, my favorites are (partial list):
- Nidoking, who looks so effing awesome
- Vileplume (pictured above), so beautiful (I've got a properly EV trained one with good moves named Akuka, "Bad Flower", but she's still completely unusable)
- Bulbasaur (anime bias)
- Pikachu (anime bias)
- Primeape (I really like the concept)
- Omastar (daaaaaamn scary, you'd piss your pants if that slinked up to you in a dark briny cave and tried to nip you with its beak)
- Butterfree (pretty; I had a Level 80 one on Blue ages ago and have always wanted to re-raise one properly effort trained but never end up doing it because Butterfree = big effing waste of time for serious use the way I want to use it, combat, and not the only way it has a remote chance of being used, status change w/ its CompoundEyes ability + Whirlwind)
- Pidgeot (big, meaty bird, looks pretty majestic and as though it could fly with at least two humans on its back it's so damn strong)
I was talking about the 1st gen- so no Blissy, and I HATED letting Cubone evolve, even if it made him more usable as I got further and further in the game.
Post a Comment