I think I am done with UPN. I think I have been done or "being done" for a while, but i am terminally done with it tonight. I'll be brief:
- my best friends from UPN do not post there much or even at all
- my casual friends from UPN do not post there much
- people I hate continue to pop up every once in a while
- the new generation of members is enamored with two members I dislike
- the board is purposeless
- the board is unappreciative; outside my few remaining UPN friends, the board does not give back but continues to take time, emotions, and resources
I will probably grab my Fizzy Bubbles team, update the member post one last time (in case I return sooner than expected), and then I'm pretty much out the door.
I need a fresh start. I've made a lot of mistakes over the years, maybe one or two huge mistakes per year, and they've added up over time. I do not hold integrity in anyone's eyes. People only see the me online -- unlike my other friends, they do not see the real me, they do not see how I am who I claim I am rather than how they perceive me to be from posts -- and I guess the me online is pretty hated by people.
I've learned a lot of lessons from these mistakes, but I think a fresh start is required. An entirely fresh start.
I'm going to consider my major interests/hobbies right now and try to find a webforum, big or small, that shares my interests and shares my views on how a webforum is best operated.
Until then ... I'll probably be updating this blog more.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Why would anyone hate the online you? It sounds like they all have personal problems to me!
They do. But I'm tired of the drama. (For example, one guy has major envy issues, I think, and he finds it paradoxical that somebody so smart is also so into hentai; so he constantly brings it up degradingly.)
Post a Comment