Pretty damn good. Not as fun as mahjong, but I like imperfect Kaiji a hell of a lot more than perfect Akagi. There's a hell of a lot more suspense when you're not sure if the guy you're rooting for is going to win any one match.
Yes, episode five was the shiznit. It was just so....suspenseful.
However, I can't say I like Kaiji better than Akagi (I'm referring to both the character and the anime). Kaiji is more like this typical hero (Cornelius) who is doing everything he can to survive (I'm not saying he IS typical.), while Akagi is just pure badass, with his own style of killing your family and raping your pets.
I admit that since Kaiji isn't godly, his matches are more unpredictable, but there is not as much "**** yea! This guy is ****ing awesome!"
Watching Akagi is like watching a God destroy men. Watching Kaiji is like watching a man rise from the pits of society to destroy other men, penultimately the kingpins of the underworld. It's a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch a man rise like this than to watch a deity do what he's born to do.
(Batman vs. Superman, take a wild guess which side of the fence I fall on; real difficult now, I'm sure. ;p)
Yea, I know. That's also really refreshing, because "The underdog will do it!" thing has been shoved in my face tons of times. I mean, it's pretty much what almost ALL shounens are stuffed with.
Sry, but I prefer to see a god kill the weaklings to their surprise than seeing another "OMG, this lesser person beat me!" I do admit that Kaiji did it very well, though.
3 comments:
Yes, episode five was the shiznit. It was just so....suspenseful.
However, I can't say I like Kaiji better than Akagi (I'm referring to both the character and the anime). Kaiji is more like this typical hero (Cornelius) who is doing everything he can to survive (I'm not saying he IS typical.), while Akagi is just pure badass, with his own style of killing your family and raping your pets.
I admit that since Kaiji isn't godly, his matches are more unpredictable, but there is not as much "**** yea! This guy is ****ing awesome!"
Watching Akagi is like watching a God destroy men. Watching Kaiji is like watching a man rise from the pits of society to destroy other men, penultimately the kingpins of the underworld. It's a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch a man rise like this than to watch a deity do what he's born to do.
(Batman vs. Superman, take a wild guess which side of the fence I fall on; real difficult now, I'm sure. ;p)
Yea, I know. That's also really refreshing, because "The underdog will do it!" thing has been shoved in my face tons of times. I mean, it's pretty much what almost ALL shounens are stuffed with.
Sry, but I prefer to see a god kill the weaklings to their surprise than seeing another "OMG, this lesser person beat me!" I do admit that Kaiji did it very well, though.
Oh, and DC sucks =P
Post a Comment