Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Another General Update

- renal exam went fine; I think I got anywhere from a mid-B to a low-A; will be very shocked and upset if it didn't go at least this well
- turned in my renal paper today
- thought of a topic for Friday's anatomy presentation (facial transplant); will work on it tomorrow
- studying (as we speak, minus the whole checking my e-mail and updating my blog bit) for tomorrow's histo test. I've gone through much of the notes and am almost done studying slides. I'll go back to studying notes, leave here around 12:30am or so, and then try to study a little at home but allow Nature to take its course if need be so that I get the sleep required to be awake enough to not make retarded mistakes tomorrow
- I have a meeting with the anatomy professor scheduled for Sunday
- I've decided to ask my mom about going to the hospital / talking to somebody professional during Thanksgiving vacation about the sleep thing. I don't want something like Ritalin or some crap, but if there's a well-known drug on the market from, like, the 1970s that's safe and works wonders, then sure, I don't see why not
- Reggie confirmed in a CNN interview that Nintendo sees no [fucking] need to pricedrop the Wii this holiday season, so instead of waiting until Black Friday as per Loki's advice (and my original plan), I'll be buying one asap. If that happens to coincide with Black Friday, great, maybe I can weasel out a deal (doubtful). But at this stage of the game, I just need to get one. Otherwise no Mario Galaxy for me this Christmas season
- Found some absolutely awesome photos on this Japanese website which specializes in otaku interests -- the photos are of specific H-doujinshi or H-magazines that were released on those days (it's something like a weblog in a sense; the editors update the page each day and feature something new), and they photograph the H-mag or doujin in the store the way it appears on the shelves and stuff. It's just INCREDIBLE how public, how prominent, how many copies there are. O_O It's like an otaku's dream. Man. My favorite photo is of one of my favorite H-mangas in this huge pile that makes it look (I kid you not) like the 7th Harry Potter book. There's just so many copies stacked one on top of the other saying, "Here I am! Come get me!" Amazing. Why can't things by like this in America?
- Okay, enough wasting time. :p Time to go back to studying the female reproductive tract ... no, not in a doujin, in histology. ;p

1 comment:

SuiginChou said...

Those awesome photos I mentioned can be seen here (Warning! NSFW): http://www.moeyo.com/2007/02/post_2041.html

Check it out! And they're 8½ x 11, too! Man, oh man ... I'd love to have a store like that over here. Nothing -- I mean, nothing -- beats having a doujin printed out in full 8½ x 11 inch glory. It's so much better than having it on the computer where (due to resolution issues vs. the beauty of the human eye and hands holding a book) it's a hell of a lot harder to both read the tiny text *and* simultaneously maintain sight over the entire page. It's also great to have the right and left pages side-by-side, something not often afforded from H-doujins downloaded from the Internet.