This is *the* Fall 2007 anime. Actually, this is *the* school days harem anime. A lovely story with girls so perfect I find myself torn between three of them: Aoi, Nanaka, and Hoshino.![]()
While it's clear we're supposed to be rooting ultimately for Sana to thaw out the Ice Queen Nanaka's heart and for them to live happily ever after -- and indeed, I am rooting for the two of them! -- I can't shake my preference for Aoi, the cute 17 year old shown above. She's the perfect wife -- sexy but adorable, intelligent, nerdy, an excellent cook, caring ... I mean, da~amn! :)
For those not as mastially (?) fixated, we have Nanaka the Ice Queen, Ruler of tsundere-land. No, seriously, this girl is absolutely beautiful, deeply in love with the main character, and yet outwardly hates his guts because she's the one person he failed to recognize when he got back home. Feeling hurt and betrayed by the boy she has loved for five years, she does everything she can, Japanese-style, to be a bitch to him: she's short-tempered, venomous, and largely ignores him.
And finally, we have Hoshino-san. This girl is one of Sana's fellow 2nd years and she is the only character thus far introduced (thru Ep2) to not be one of Sana's original friends from 5 years ago. Thus, she is "the new girl" of the group and can therefore be seen by fans as encroaching on Aoi's and Nanaka's territory when she, very visibly, makes her intentions known towards Sana. At least, very visibly to us at home: Sana seems to be largely oblivious to it.
I had a strong gut-feeling that this story was very similar to the game Ever17; it turns out to be more than the fact that Nanaka mirrors Tsugumi from Ever17. According to Wikipedia, "the novel [on which the anime is based] is written as a prologue to the game by Takumi Nakazawa, who has also written scenarios for Ever17, and Memories Off 2nd, and is illustrated by Wadapen. As of August 30, 2007, four stories have been published, each centering on one of the six heroines." Thus, I highly recommend this series to Doppelganger, even though I remain one of the few UPNers who is a romance nut and Doppel's about as GAR as they come. Check it out!!! And check out my photos! :p
13 comments:
Aoi's breasts are gross. Perhaps it's just the angle of the picture, but they're way too big relative to her body size. It's almost grotesque in a way. If they were a little smaller she'd actually be really good-looking, but not now.
Here, try this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/PiccoloNamek/Pretty.jpg
It is a very quick and dirty editing job I'll admit, but already it is much more natural and attractive looking.
Also, you need to make some real thumbnails for your page. I just detailed that those are all full-sized images that have been downsized in real time. This lags my computer very badly.
That should read "Pretty.jpg"
Sucks that we can't edit entries here...
I wasn't aware that it was doing that with the thumbnails; that's pretty pointless, and will be remedied right now.
As for Aoi's breasts ... dude. :p You ruined them. Her clothing looks baggy and her breasts are average in size. Some of us prefer the C to D-cup range, you know. Freak. ;p
Namek: You're calling *me* the freak? Dude, those mountains could have crushed an army!
Talon: Aoi can crush my army any day. :3
Namek: -_-;
"As for Aoi's breasts ... dude. :p You ruined them. Her clothing looks baggy and her breasts are average in size."
That's because I wasn't going to spend more than 1 or 2 minutes editing the picture.
Anyway, her breasts are way too big, they should be smaller as to fit in well with her body size and type. Or at the very least, they shouldn't draw her with the goal of accentuating her breasts. It's annoying and unnecessary.
Take Yumi from Chobits, for instance. Even though she has very large breasts,especially for someone as short as she is, they never make an issue of it, and eventually you stop noticing. (Well, I did.) Never once did I think of her as "the girl with the huge breasts". I thought of her as a real character with real feelings, not just a piece of fanservice to be ogled as this Aoi girl quite obviously is.
In the end, it adds nothing, and only causes distraction and annoyance.
She's not just a piece of fanservice. :p I'd say she's as much so as Yumi is, and if you actually watched the show, you'd see that. The girl was the tiniest of them all when they were kids, and she still has the voice of like a 12 year old, but she's grown up in other ways -- to the point that the main character doesn't know what to do when they're reunited after 5 years' separation.
Even if her breasts serve no purpose (being that big) but to allure male viewers, still, it's not like they're monstrously oversized or something. She's just really stacked for her stature. There was a girl at our high school who had ~C cup breasts but was shorter than 5'0" -- and she looked just like this. (And man, was she hot, too!) The breasts are a lot "more normal sized" than you realize, she's just short is all.
Maybe I'm just desensitized. Or maybe you take too much issue with large breasts.
Just watch the show! >o< It's so good!
I've never seen a girl like that in my life. But if I did, I'd be very inclined to stare. Not because she was attractive, but because it would be a spectacle.
You're just desensitized. :P
Well, even though you recommended this to Doppel, I will take this series by the legs and spank it like a newborn baby. I have the first two episodes loading up right now.
I just hope I can remember to watch them, because I might get too into ONE >.<
Hey guess who....
I apologize for not responding earlier. How have you been??? You've probably answered that question a million times on your blog but I havent had the time yet to read it. I will eventually. Anyways, I just found out that I am officially a medical student today! I have another interview later this week in chicago so that will be fun. Anywho, just wanted to say Hi and I'll start checking back on this site more regularly.
HOLY SHIT, CONGRATULATIONS! Sorry for my anime spam for a guy like you ;p. University of Chicago med school, is it!? That's, like, hella hard to get into! Even if that's not it, I am still psyched to hear you got in and stuff. Will you start next fall? Will you (some weird way) start in the spring and do like prep courses up until the fall? How does it go?
How is work?
How is your love life? ;p
When will you next be in town? I have a car now, which changes a lot of things. Maybe. Possibly. But I drive like a woman ;p , so you'll still probably want to chauffeur me around. ;)
Thanks. Im really excited as well too. The interview I have this week is with CCOM (Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine). Ive decided to go DO based on my shadowing experiences, and i really think that family medicine is my niche in this field. Yesterday, I got the call from the dean, informing me that I have been accepted at Lincoln Memorial University. So Ive been on cloud nine ever since.
When will I start? Im not sure at the moment. Currently, if I have to say, I would say this next upcoming fall as part of the class of 2012. However, due to certain family issues Im trying to solve at the moment, Im looking into deferring for another year before entering.
Im glad to hear that you got a car. What kind is it? Are you gonna add some low profile tires, tune the exhaust, and glue on a underbody sports package? Im kidding. But that would be interesting if you did.
Im not too sure when I 'll be back to Purdue. Hopefully soon. Ive been busy almost everyday, and I'll start working on the weekends too, which will decrease my free time. I know that its homecoming this weekend. Hope we win the football game atleast. Gotta get to work, I'll talk to you later. Have a nice day.
Well, it has been awhile, but I have finally hit all of the available episodes of this, and since you are our super special awesome companion, I will give my thoughts on this the way only I can.
Myself; Yourself 4- So far, this is pretty good. It's really sweet and that is always a plus. I mean, who doesn't love tales of childhood friends that have been separated from each other for years and then come back and fall in love? I will add this to the eight titles I am watching. Also, even though people say Aoi's voice is annoying, I find it to be adorable.
I love it when she trips up and gags on her own words -- it's such a cute noise, even if it's one of reproach/disgust/embarassment. ^-^
But Nanaka is far and away my favorite so far (through Episode 3). I feel really bad for Hoshino-san, because she's so perfect and would, like, totally be the perfect girl for Sana (from a viewer's perspective) if it weren't for the fact that we naturally see her as "encroaching" on Nanaka's territory. Real shame. :( They both deserve Sana, really.
Post a Comment